Sunday, October 23, 2011

Life Changes

Wow, it's been a interesting few months as I have made some very changes in my life in order to improve the quality of my life.  One of most major changes was to finally move out my cousins house back on June 21st, 2011, although I had no where to go per se, I left anyway.  It's been tough going, but I am surviving and after 4 months of her influence, I am finally starting to think clearly, and moving foward, paying off debts, eating healthy, and just this weekend, picked up my prescription of Chantix to help me stop smoking.  A habit I had kicked 6 years ago, but took up again about 1 1/2 years ago.  I enrolled in a Quit for Life program, thru Group Health, my health insurer, and they provided me with coaches and paid for my prescription.  My intiial target date to quit was set for October 27th, 2011. however, I was suppose my prescription on the 20th, but it wasn't available until the 22nd, so I'm pushing the date out til the 29th.  In the meantime, I'm been eating vegan all weekend, eating brunch at my favorite yesterday in the U-District restaurant, Arayas, and  today eating lunch at the Thrive raw food restaurant.  I'm actually trying to enroll in a 8 week hands-on immersion program - for raw food hands-on culinary training. but it's contingent upon me getting the Saturday class.  You attend 1 day a week, and my only available day is Saturday due to working full time.  After lunch I ended up at the Half Price Used Bookstore in the U-District and bought a Raw Food Cook Book,  and then headed down to my favorite food store, Trader Joes and loaded on salad  ingredients for dinner.  Later on, I'll head up to the Capitol Hill area and do Laundry.....

No comments: