Monday, April 25, 2011

Memorial Service - Easter Weekend

Well, we finally had my father's memorial service (after his passing on 12-16-2010).  It was held in Portland Oregon so I had to catch a grey hound bus down from Seattle.  The service itself was nice, and attended by many of our relatives who lived in Portland.  It was a small service, having perhaps 50 or so people attend and though it has been months since his passing, it still brought me to tears.  It was also a beautiful, sunny day, which made the service even better.  I stayed at my sister's Joyce's house the weekend, visiting with her and her family, as well as, my younger sister Wanda who flew in from Chicago.  My older brother Tony, decided to not attend the service, instead, he went to Chicago to visit with our mother, who has been sick lately.  My younger brother William opted not to attend as well, since he has to wait to go to Portland next month when his son Taylor's returns from Egypt. 

On Sunday, I went to the Southwest Hills Baptish Church for Easter Service with my both my Sister's and my sister Joyce's family.  Overall, it was a good weekend, and I'm glad to get some closure on my dad's passing.

No comments: