Tuesday, April 12, 2011
April 2011
Wow, it's been a long time since I've added anything to my blog. I am still working at Grange Insurance in Seattle, and enjoy my job. The office created a litigation unit that I've been assigned to with good result. My wrist, which I fractured last year is starting healing well and becoming a forgotten issue in my day to day affairs. My father past away on Dec 16th, 2010, and the family is holding his memorial service on April 23rd in Portland at the Antioch Church in N.E. Portland. Even though his passing was in a way anticipated, due to his suffering from Alzheimzer's disease, it hit really hard. My personal life is in scambles and I hit rock bottom emotionally, but starting to recover. I am total optimist all the same. A few weeks ago I got in a boxing match with someone more than 1/2 my age and although I still have some good boxing skills, and proved I still had some punch left in me (essentially winning the match) I was exhausted and tired afterwards. My ego wouldn't let anyone see I could barely breath afterwards, and excused myself to the bathroom to catch my breath. Now I am embarking on a new exercise program through my job to assist me in getting back in shape. I am particularly optimistic about our future, especially for my children, you will live in the most accelerated technological future yet to be experience by humans. Michio Kaku, says that by 2100, we will be able to enjoy good health while living an indefinite lifespan. They will be part of the hamanity that immigrates to space colonies on the moon, Mars, and inhabit artificial habitats orbiting the earth, and in a real sense, be part of a global village, where scarcity is no longer an over riding concern, and the economics of living evolves where no one lives in poverty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment