Thursday, December 16, 2010

R.I.P Robert A. Perry (Dad)

My dad past away yesterday morning. I got the call at around 9:30 a.m. Hearing my sister voice, quiet, low - I could hear her sobs...she didn't need to say it, but did. My eyes watered, the tears flowed. My Dad had passed away in his sleep and she had gotten the call at 5:30 a.m. I called my other siblings and weeped with them. I paused, reflected and then opted to head down to Portland to conjol my sister and family who was close enough for me to see. The entire 2 1/2 hour trips, I cried. I found soloce when I greeted her with hugs and tears at her front door. After about 15 minutes, I cleared past the sorrow. Truth was, his body had already been moved to the crematorium, and I would be able to see him. He would be cremated on 12-15-2010, today. The services would be delayed due to the holiday. Either toward the end of January, or even after the new year. I will love and miss him dearly.

No comments: