Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day Holiday

Wow, it was a really nice, beautiful day in Seattle. It sunshined all day. I didn't have to work today, and spent the day running around, as usual. Ate Vegan Buffet for lunch, and a large salad for dinner. I also have a bag of sunflower seeds I'm bunching on. I also spent a few hours hanging out at the REI outdoors store reflecting on my desires to get outdoors and into the wilderness at least a few times this summer. Seattle is near the Olympic Rain Forest as well as Mt. Rainier, 2 premier wilderness designations in the entire U.S. I've lived here for 5 years now, and haven't gotten to either location, but it's on my list of things to accomplish. There was a 12'1" Laird Surf Board on sale at REI too, and made me want to learn to surf this year. I have lots of vacation on the books, over 5 weeks, perhaps I can take a vacation to Hawaii and learn to surf...It's about 5:45 p.m. and I'm still downtown Seattle. I didn't get my resume done this weekend like I had hoped, but oh well
I have to head out back to Tacoma, and then enjoy my 5 mile hike home. It's probably going to be close to 9 p.m. before I get home...

No comments: