Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Five Precepts



 The five precepts are as follows:

1- I observe the precept of abstaining from the destruction of all life. This means you are not allow to kill any sentient being.

2- I observe the precept of abstaining from false speech. This means you are not allowed to lie.

3- I observe the precept of abstaining from taking what is not given to me. This means you are not allowed to steal.

4- I observe the precept of abstaining from all sexual misconduct. This should be self explanatory but this means that you are not allowed to do evil acts using the driving force of sex. Example is rape.

5- I observe the precept of abstaining from the taking of intoxicants and drugs. This means no drinking, smoking or doing illegal drugs and for many this is taken as far as even using pharmaceuticals that are not deemed necessary for the abstaining of life.

No comments: