I don't know if ever I'll really purchase a car, being without and living without with a car, spares me the expense of maintaining, insuring and keeping a vehicle, as well as, having the personal satisfaction of not contributing to the environmental harm that cars pose to our biosphere and humanity, but my father was a mechanic, and cars were a big part of my psyche growing up, so I'll continue to admire them and the art form they represent.
Having lived, I now view my personal consumption, other than for food and shelter, simply a matter of long term collecting. I don't wish to buy things simply to buy things, but satisfaction would I have if in 100 years I found myself still a living, vibrant person, would I find utility and satisfaction having purchased and collected a beautiful, by then, antique, Aston Martin. Right now, I see the nostalgia of owning a 60' DB4, as stylish. If indeed, the future greatly expands our lifespans, every purchase should taken as a long term proposition.

No comments:
Post a Comment