Thursday, July 07, 2011

Buying American Goods Again





Of recent I have grown more and more mindful of my consumption.  Today with our high unemployment rates, trade deficits, and financial crisis, I have started to renew my interest in buying local, or buying American produced consumables.  I principally am a long term planner with little resources to get those things I truly long for, but I do have a long term goal to acquire some of these more expensive items' i.e. a sports car.  Forget the italian, german or french supercars, we have ICONIC supercars right here and available to us; the 2006 Ford GT40 is a prime example.  A car model on the 1960's GT40 race car, and yet recently reproduced in limited numbers, capable of being a daily driver, with 200 mph + performance in the $140,000 range.  Or how about, unique bespoke watches - the Montana Watch Company has several watches that are truly AMERICAN in design and priced from the $5000 to $12000 range.  Why buy the rolex.  Let's rebuild and grow America and buy AMERICAN, there great local companies the can make just about anything your desire, whether bespoke suits, american made shoes, shirts, or furniture, it's all available for those of us who make a mindful effort to save our neighbors and friends.

No comments: