Monday, September 07, 2009

Being a man.

I am a man among men, devoted to a life of learning, and evolving becoming aware of the benefits of mediative awareness. I am a man of 70's style soulful R&B, a man who has loved a few good women in his life, and lost a rarer jewel or pure love only once, but remains a man of passionate desires. A man who longs for the perfection of the buddhist precepts, the non-harming, the non-grasping, but recognizing a man of my american cultural upbringing, a man who still will at times eat a great steak, mindful that a cow was slaughtered for my flesh craving. I am a man in this secular age, caught in a world of religiously dogma, a man of scientific truth rendoring his minds eye, a man who sees a future of healing awaiting perhaps some of his decendant's. I am man, who knows life will be brighter tomorrow. Still, I am an ordinary man like you.

No comments: